Build in 1922, this Laurentian home has been a family heirloom for three generations. In 2015, the owners gave the mandate to APPAREIL Architecture to transform their home into a spacious and contemporary family constuction. The Montreal firm stood up to the challenge and created a harmony between the exterior and the interior of the building. All and all with a timeless and nordic esthetic. Our favorite part of the construction: The large veranda with removable windows that allows the residents to fully enjoy the spaciouness of the extra room at any season.
"The house has today a modern family fonction and is in perfect harmony with the elements of nature in its surroudings."
On the second floor; the master bedroom.
Before → After
- Surface: 400 m² (4400 pi²)
- Location: Piedmont, Laurentides
- Date of construction: 1922
- Type of project: Single Family Residential
- Architecture: APPAREIL architecture
- Photo credits: Mathieu Laverdière