I was on the lookout for a cottage to rent during the holiday season when I got a little over budget and found this bad boy. Yes, it's a cottage and its located in the area of Charlevoix. Although it is hard to get a complete view of the many rooms of the building, the advanced cantilever offering a spectacular view on the St-Laurent river got me at "hello".
"This perch gives you the opportunity to enjoy the enchanting sunsets of Cap-à-l'Aigle whilst admiring the mirror reflects of the St-Laurent's estuary."
The residence has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 3 private ones, a dormitary in the basement, a kitchen, a dinning room, a living room and a television room, a washing room and even an outdoor kitchen for summertime. To rent this pretty piece of architecture, one must spend 1300$ and that's only for a week-end. It's on the pricey side but doable if 4 couples share the lot.
The terrace of the Cape-à-l'Aigle is an inspiring property which brings together in one, architectural constructions signed by Quebec renowned architects. They are available in short rental as long periods throughout the year.
- Floor area: 397 m² (4275 ft²)
- Capacity: 8 adults and 6 children
- Location: Terrasses Cap-à-l'Aigle, La Malbaie, the Capitale-National
- Architecture: Architecture CPMA
- Project Type: Single Family Residential and hotel
- Distinction: Prize "THE AMERICAN ARCHITECTURE PRIZE" in the category Interior Design
- Construction cost: About $ 900,000
- Photo credit: Adrian Williams